What better way to learn about the museum field than to experience it up close and behind-the-scenes? The Blanton Museum of Art awards a variety of internships at the undergraduate and graduate level. Blanton interns gain experience and knowledge within the museum environment and work on meaningful projects under the guidance of museum professionals. The Blanton welcomes and encourages students from all backgrounds to apply and is dedicated to developing a culturally diverse internship program.
Summer 2013 internships and opportunities:
Click on the title to download a description of the internship (pdf - download adobe reader).
UPDATE: The deadline to apply for the Blanton's summer internships has been extended to April 26, 2013!
• Public Programs Internship [PDF]
• Family Programs Internship [PDF]
• Video Producer Internship [PDF]
• Development Internship [PDF]
• Special Events Internship [PDF]
• Curatorial Internship, Research [PDF]
• Volunteer Department Internship [PDF]
• Visitor Services Internship [PDF]
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND:
• Resume with education, employment history, and three references.
• Letter of recommendation.
• Sample of academic writing- 10 pages maximum.
• Cover letter including internship preferences. If applying for more than one position, please include order of preference.
More about the Internship categories:
A) Graduate internship
For UT graduate students only, the Blanton awards part-time, paid internships for the long session (Fall/Spring only). Blanton Graduate Internships run with the academic calendar and are available for the summer sessions (unpaid) as well as the year-long session (paid). Graduate interns must meet employment requirements set by the Graduate School. Some graduate student interns, as UT employees, may be eligible to participate in insurance programs and may qualify for other benefits in accordance with existing university policies. Hours range from 10-20 hours a week. Compensation varies by appointment. Students from all academic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
B) Academic internship
For UT graduate and undergraduate students, the Blanton awards part-time, unpaid internships for academic credit. Academic Internships run with the academic calendar and are available for the summer sessions and the year-long session. Hours range from 10-20 hours a week. The students are responsible for obtaining departmental and faculty approval for course credit within their college.